NMAC proudly announces the Building Leaders of Color (BLOC) en español virtual training program for Texas this June 21- 25, 2021 (10am-3PM CST). The main goal of BLOC en español is to increase the meaningful participation of Persons of Color with HIV (PWH) who are prepared to engage in leadership roles and activities related to HIV service delivery in their communities. The training will be facilitated in Spanish.
BLOC en español is designed in Spanish language to provide language justice and cultural humility to the Latinx community. The program also utilizes NMAC’s new learning management system (the HIV-E virtual platform) and a tutorial prior will be provided. BLOC en español’s learning objectives include:
- Leadership development for community engagement including defining traits and characteristics of leaders
- Developing a community lens on the forms of stigmas including enacted and layered stigma
- What are and how to use health numeracy, measurement tools, and patient support tools for planning
- Developing skills to effectively be engaged in surveillance, evaluation, calculations, data analysis, and performance measurements as a community leader
- Increase knowledge of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program and other planning bodies for involvement
- Elaborate leadership opportunities considering self-care
- Develop individualized action goals and goal statements for seeking leadership opportunities
After completing the program participants are encouraged to engage in the planning process with a local community group serving persons living with HIV such as, Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program planning bodies. The program is available for all (PLH) who reside in Houston, Texas whose primary language is Spanish. The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program recipients are highly encouraged to apply. The program will recruit up to 30 participants.
Apply by Sunday, June 20th, 2021, using the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HTX2021
For more information contact: Cora Trelles Cartagena (She/Ella), HIV Systems Coordinator at email@example.com or 202-870-0481. Please visit us at nmac.org, Twitter/Facebook: @NMACCommunity and Instagram: @nmachiv.
This Building Leaders of Color (BLOC) en español is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of a financial assistance award totaling $550,000 with 100% percentage funded by HRSA/HHS. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA/HHS, or the U.S. Government.