NMAC respects your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice applies to personal information we collect on NMAC’s website on which we have posted this Privacy Notice (the “Site”). This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the choices you can make about our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Collect
- In General
- Information Collected By Automated Means
- How We Use The Information We Collect
- Sharing of Information
- Your Rights And Choices
- Protection of Personal Information
- Links To Other Websites
- Updates To Our Privacy Notice
- How To Contact Us
The types of personal information we collect on the Site include:
- contact information (such as your name, postal address, email address and telephone numbers);
- username and password;
- credit card information;
- demographic information such as age, gender and race;
- HIV status; and
- if you apply for a job with NMAC, your résumé.
When you visit our Site, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our Site, and dates and times of website visits. A “cookie” is a text file that a website sends to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site.
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- communicate with you about news, events and alerts;
- administer our membership program and provide discounts;
- process and collect payments and donations;
- process employment applications you submit;
- process, evaluate and respond to your requests and inquiries;
- consider and evaluate job candidates for employment purposes;
- protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities; and
We also may use the information we collect in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal information:
- with service providers who perform services on our behalf (we do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements);
- if we believe we are required to do so by law or legal process;
- to law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss;
- in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity; and
- with other third parties or for other purposes, with your consent.
You may have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain products or services.
To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section.
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Our Site may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with NMAC. Linked websites, including those operated by Facebook (www.facebook.com) and Twitter (www.twitter.com), may have their own privacy policies or notices. We strongly suggest you review the privacy policies and notices of any linked websites you visit. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with NMAC, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our Site to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by calling (202) 483-NMAC, emailing email@example.com, or writing to:
1000 Vermont Ave, NW, Suite 200
Washington, DC 20005