Tell Senators Reid, Mikulski and Shelby to continue critical HIV funding in the FY 13 funding bill
- The Continuing Resolution (CR) to fund the government for the remainder of FY2013 does not include $35 million in emergency ADAP funding and $10 million for Part C medical clinics announced by President Obama on World AIDS Day (December 1), 2011.
- This funding currently is being used by 15 states/territories to provide life-saving medications to individuals living with HIV/AIDS. (AL, AK, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, MT, NE, NJ, SD, TN, WA, WI, VI)
- This funding also is supporting key staff at Part C supported HIV clinics nationwide, helping these programs serve more patients.
- Both the House Subcommittee and Senate Full Committee included this funding in their FY2013 bills, but these bills were not enacted.
- If funds aren’t restored, it could lead to an estimated 7,920 clients being removed from the ADAP program and many Part C funded HIV clinics reducing services and closing their doors to new patients.
- We ask that the Senate approve an FY 13 continuing resolution that includes this emergency funding ($35 million for ADAPs and $10 million for Part Cs)
ACTION NEEDED – PLEASE CALL NOW:
Please call Senators Reid, Mikulski and Shelby and tell them to prevent harmful cuts to ADAP and Ryan White Part C. Make these calls today!
- Senator Harry Reid: 202-224-3542
- Senator Barbara Mikulski: 202-224-4654
- Senator Richard Shelby: 202-224-5744
Please call with this message:
The Senate Continuing Resolution must include $35 million in emergency ADAP funding and $10 million to support comprehensive Part C HIV clinics continuing the Fiscal Year 2012 funding level. This funding is not currently included. This funding is being used by 15 states/territories to provide life-saving medications to individuals living with HIV/AIDS and medical services to people living with HIV nationwide. If funds aren’t restored, it could lead to an estimated 7,920 clients being removed from the ADAP program and some clients would lose access to Part C HIV medical services.