In our efforts to more fully represent the communities highly impacted by HIV, NMAC will host Community Spotlight, a series of webinars that focus on our movement’s diversity. NMAC’s Community Spotlight will be an opportunity to hear directly from People Living with HIV, People on PrEP, and other community leaders. We hope to highlight the good work being done by community-based organizations, health departments, and activists. Our work leads with race because of its impact on our efforts to end the epidemic.
These webinars give NMAC another way to highlight and educate about communities highly impacted by HIV. We hope to raise the voice of these communities that are sometimes overlooked or dismissed. Storytelling is how we pass down our history. Think of the Community Spotlight as electronic storytelling. Not only are we passing down the history, we’re also recording it for future generations.
In addition to Community Spotlight, NMAC’s various divisions will also hold webinars or Facebook Live events. For example, USCA and the Summit will hold webinars on How To Submit An Abstract, Scholarship Process, New Attendee Orientation and Treatment will hold Facebook Live events on the midterm elections.
Webinars will focus on those communities highly impacted by HIV
- March: Women
- April: Youth
- May: Asian/Pacific Islander Community
- June: LGBTQ Community
- October: Latinx Community
- November: Native Americans Community
Other months will focus on:
- July will focus on the Midterm Elections
NMAC will host three webinars on the 2018 USCA
- How to Submit An Abstract (March 20)
- USCA Scholarship Process (April 11)
- New Attendee Orientation (Date TBD)
NMAC will host two webinars on the 2018 Biomedical HIV Prevention Summit
- Summit Scholarship Process (Date TBD)
- New Summit Attendee Orientation (Date TBD)
Calendar of Events
Dates for 2018 webinars (dates are subject to change).
- March 20 – USCA: How to Submit an Abstract
- March 21 – Community Spotlight: Women and HIV in the South
- April 11 – USCA: Scholarship Process
- April 24 – Community Spotlight: Youth
- May 16 – Community Spotlight: Asian Americans
- June 20 – Community Spotlight: Transgender Americans
- July (Date TBD) – Midterm Elections
- Oct. 3 – Community Spotlight: Latinx Americans
- Nov. 7 – Community Spotlight: Native Americans
- Nov. 14 – Summit: New Attendee Orientation
Information on other webinars will be posted as the speakers are confirmed.
Feedback & Evaluation
To improve our webinars, NMAC will ask participants to fill out a “brief” online assessment. After each webinar, attendees will be sent a URL that will also be posted on this site to submit their feedback.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org We are looking for recommendations on speakers, topics, and trainings to have via webinars.